Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July Foodie Pen Pal Reveal!!

Well it's the last day of July and that can only mean one thing, Foodie Pen Pals reveal day!! If you read last month I started participating in Foodie Pen Pals. Foodie Pen Pals was started by Lindsay at the The Lean Green Bean blog. Make sure you check out her blog, besides the pen pals she has lots of great stuff!!

This month I received a package from April of Polka Dots N Pinky Swears. April was great and contacted me right away to see what I like and don't like. I was very excited to see what she had in store for me. A couple weeks later my package arrived. And sadly the USPS had not been kind to it :( April had sent a jar of sauce that had broken open in transit and sadly it caused some of her items to be ruined. But There were still some great things left and whatever sauce it was that got shattered, smelled awesome,lol!
Here are the three things that survived the wild ride from April's house to mine. I'll start with the Banana Nut Bread bar. It was very tasty and if I can ever find them at a local store I would buy them. They make a quick on the go breakfast. The next thing is the Caramel popcorn seasoning. April had no idea, but whenever we go to the movies my daughter always uses the caramel seasoning they have at the theater. She was so excited to see that in the box and I of course had to pop her some popcorn immediately. She still cannot believe she can have her favorite flavor at home and sends a big THANKS to April! The last and my favorite is the Sweet n Spicy pepper glaze. I love sweet n spicy stuff! This stuff does not disappoint. So far I have only used it for dipping my homemade chicken strips and it is amazing. I plan to use it for some chicken breasts next. I hope I can find it locally!!

I love Foodie Pen Pals and I will be participating in August as well. You do not need a blog to participate. Here are some FAQS you might want to know before you join:

-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.

I know you want to join so go here and maybe you'll be my pen pal next month!! Also if you are visiting my blog for the first time don't forget to enter my great cookbook giveaway here and I would love you to follow me on Facebook as well.



                                                      Have a fantastic day!!



                                                                 ~Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment